John Eylander Barrister at Law
Cairns Barrister John Eylander has more than 20 years of legal experience in metropolitan and regional centres (first call to the private Bar 10 January 2001). John holds mediation accreditation with the Queensland Law Society and practices from centrally located chambers in Cairns.
John Eylander has practiced widely in private and public law matters in his legal career. His experience includes:
- Trials, hearings and appeals before Supreme, District and Magistrates Courts; Federal, Family and Federal Circuit Courts.
- Extensive and broad experience before administrative and disciplinary Tribunals (AAT, QBT, CCT, QCAT, Fair Work Commission and QIRC).
- Coronial and statutory inquiries.
- Prosecution of and defending quasi criminal and disciplinary matters.
- Mediation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution.
- Previously a Partner of a national law firm, practice manager of a multi-office law firm, government legal officer, and university lecturer.
John has gained broad experience across jurisdictions in State and Federal Courts and tribunals across practice areas including:
- Personal injury, workers’ compensation and latent onset diseases
- Building and construction matters
- Estate matters
- Planning and environment
- Family law and children’s matters
- Commercial, property and Corporate Law
- Police matters and coronial inquiries
- Disciplinary and regulatory matters
- Administrative Law